Do you use google chrome?
Then you must have got dns_probe_finished_no_internet or dns probe finished no internet Error while browsing.
Whenever you get this error you think how to fix it.
Now, you don’t have to think much.
I have compiled 5 different ways to fix the error in Windows 10,8 & XP. Just follow my lead.
1. Check your Connectivity:
This should be the first thing you must check if you get the dns_probe_finished_no_internet error. Most of the times you may get this error because your internet is not working properly.
You may test it by connecting your internet to a different device. If your other device get’s connected, then your internet is working fine.
You can also check the connectivity without using a different device. Just follow these steps:
- Press Windows key and R.
- Then, Type cmd and Click on OK.
- Now, in the black command prompt type, ping -t 188.8.131.52
- After that just hit Enter and you will see lines similar to Reply from 184.108.40.206: bytes=32 time=193ms TTL=45
The numbers in the lines can be different. If you get a similar result then the internet is connected. If you get a Result timeout then there is some issue with your internet connectivity.
Check if your LAN wire and router is connected properly. If it is not connected then connect it properly and try to browse again. Hopefully, you will not get the error. I have personally used this soltion on my windows 10 pc and it worked like a charm.
2. Using Command Prompt
Another Fix for the error dns_probe_finished_no_internet is using the command prompt. You just need to open the command prompt by just typing cmd in windows. Type netsh winsock reset and press enter. You just need to restart your PC and the error will be fixed.
If the above command line does not work for you then it means your IP is creating problem to connect the internet. Follow the below commands and the issue will be solved.
- Go to Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig /release and then hit enter.
- Now, give the 2nd command ipconfig /renew and press enter.
- Once it is done. Restart your computer and your problem would be solved.
3. Change TCP/IP4 Proxy
- Go to the start menu and click on the network connection.
- Now, select your active connection and go to the properties.
- You will see Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Click on it and select its properties.
- Now you have to use below preferred and alternate DNS addresses and the error will be gone.
Preferred DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
Alternate DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
4. Update Driver Software
There are times when we get the error while using chrome because our driver software is not updated. If you have not updated your driver software then it can be a reason you are getting the error dns_probe_finished_no_internet on chrome. Follow the steps below to Download latest and updated driver software for your PC.
- Go to control panel and search for device manager.
- Now, click on network adapter in the device manager.
- You will find your ISP listed. Just do a left click on that.
- Now, click on the update driver software.
- After this, you will have to choose the option to browse my computer for driver software.
- Now, the window will pop up and choose the option Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Just select your network hardware and click on next.
- Once the software will be updated. You will see the dialog box of successful driver update.
Now just restart your pc and Hopefully, your error will be gone.
5. Clear Cache in Google Chrome
Another, solution for the error dns_probe_finished_no_internet is that you can clear cache in google chrome.
- Go to the settings in google chrome.
- Now click on the show advanced settings.
- Then, go to privacy setting and click on the clear browsing data option.